All's Well that Ends Well

I've had the most wonderful two-week semestral break of my life. That was probably the best two weeks of my life. I say this with no exaggeration. I think I've been more aware this time, I lived every minute of each passing day, taking mental notes of the conversations and things that were worth learning. My aunt and uncle who lost their 16 year-old son to meningitis visited us in hopes that immersing in a new environment will temporarily divert their pains of loss. I have learned quite a few things from my cousin's death and I will talk about them in a post that will follow soon. Anyways, they sure turned my sembreak around.

After the final exams, I got the ChE life hangover. After finishing final requirements, I searched for an article about a subject I felt so passionate about and decided to make a reaction paper for it. I'm weird, I know. I got to enjoy the company of my siblings. We visited our late grandfather in his resting place. We got to enjoy the squeals of girls and guys in the celebrated Mandaue horror booth. I and Bambie sulked in all day watching chick flicks at a rate of 3 movies per day. I enjoyed a whole pack of Kitkat green tea-flavored bars thanks to Tita L. And I got hooked on Wattpad story Accidentally in love with a Gangster because the bida's name is Gail. Some deep reason, right? I am all for the pleasures of alone time (introvert here) but what really made this semestral break stand out was the adventures we had at the rate of 3 places per day. Now this is an exaggeration (this only happened for a day :p).

First on my list of adventures was the visit we did at a school in Tabla, Lilo-an where our organization, the USC Chemical Engineering Society, donated a mini-library. The school was located on top of a hill and the ride from the main road to the hill was, literally, a breath of fresh air.





My aunt and uncle arrived a week before the classes start and so we had enough time to visit Simala and Basilica del Sto. NiƱo. Our visit to Simala will always have a place in my heart.





We got to visit an old family friend as well, and it seemed that my family was really in close ties with them, seeing as how we went to their house in Tabok in the afternoon and to their house in Talisay in the evening. Seafood for dinner is always a good idea. 

We surprised our aunt for her birthday as well! Laughs were shared as we tried to battle out our laziness with our thoughtfulness. It was not an easy fight. 


What concluded these was, and I think I owe a huge percent of this break's wonder to, our eating of halo-halo on a rooftop.


and oh, TS' 1989 as well.


Well that's about it. Read or don't :). I just wanted to have a record of how my last (huhu) sembreak was all good and awesome \m/. 




1 comments:

  1. I found your post interesting to read and i want to say that this is a best post i have ever seen until now. Take a look at these genuine absolutely free psn codes

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

There are two reasons why I do this: 1.I like to write and 2.I like to dress up.