The Jump


You may have wondered why this blog has been quiet for years and you may have speculated that it suffered its untimely death... or you may have not. Either way, I'm here to tell you that my inability to keep faces don't like hiding for long. I'm only productive when my motivation levels are high. College, fifth year college, sucked it all up. For that, I would like to apologize.

Now that I'm through with all the sucking that it had done, proof is that diploma (case) above, you may find me here more often. But, as you may know, motivation is fleeting, so I'm not making any promises. What I do promise is... I'm taking that jump.

College taught me a lot about the discipline that I've chosen, the world and how it works, other people and most of all, myself. Suffice to say, it didn't end the way I wanted it to. That's not to say that I wasn't thankful for the good things, it's just that there were a lot of things I wish could've happened - but these were outside my control. I wanted to be angry at someone, at something, but I know that won't be changing anything. Instead I will be Shalani in all of this and say -

"[Frustration] is normal. What you have to do is turn that negative emotion into positive motivation so that it won't destroy you."

I'm using all of this negative emotion to fire up my next move. I'm going to take that jump (cue in I Lived by One Republic)


...here's me hoping that I don't fear the fall.

Photo credit:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

There are two reasons why I do this: 1.I like to write and 2.I like to dress up.