Make Your Move: Inspiration for March

Hey, you! It's another month and that means life is giving you another chance to catch up with your resolutions. What did you promise yourself at the beginning of the year? Come on, be honest with yourself. Even if you've not started any of them yet, or you find that you're caught up with a lot of things to do at work or school - do me a favor. Breathe.

This month's inspiration post theme is all about making your move. I realized that now is as good a time as any to just start doing the things that you know are good for you. I know that you don't need me to remind you that the first quarter of the year is almost up. February's gone in a flash! Don't let your hopes vanish along with it.

I hope that these lines from Hamilton: The Musical songs will motivate you to make your move this month. Let's get to it!


I'm assuming that since March is in the middle of the year, problems have been piling up aplenty. To some of you, these problems may seem uncontrollable. But never ever forget that your game piece - YOU - is 100% in your control.


 You are an original and the things that you come up with, are too. I believe that having faith in one's self allows for brilliance to flow through spontaneously. I'm not saying that belief in yourself is all that's needed to become brilliant. What I'm saying is, it's the first step towards tapping the energy you never thought you had - to work hard for the goal that you want to achieve. Lean on yourself.


"Easy for you to say, Gail. You're not the one going through my problems now." True. I will never know how it feels to have the problems that you're facing. But that doesn't mean I don't have problems. You wanna know who else did? Alexander Hamilton had it pretty bad too...


But he knew that he had strengths. He knew that he can do something about his present condition. He worked harder and smarter. He was determined to rid himself of poverty through empowering himself. He read every book that he could get his hands on. His efforts then bore fruit. He managed to get himself to a big city with the help of his gifts and some people.


"But I'm not as smart as Hamilton, Gail. How hard should I work?"


Know where you are. Know where you want to go. The gap between these should determine the amount of work that you will need to exert. If your problems are causing you to fall on your knees, know that you will stay that way if you continue to allow it. Rise up! You are not responsible for the bad things that happen to you, but you are 100% accountable for your reactions.


"I'm now standing up for myself, Gail. But other people seem to have it a lot easier than me."


Life gives us shots. I'd like to think that there are shots meant for everybody because everyone's got something to offer. If someone's got it easier than you, it doesn't mean that it's not your shot. And say, if this somebody got the thing that you've always wanted, it still doesn't mean that you have no shot. I've learned to see grabbing opportunities as a trial-and-error process. The only way I'm ever going to know whether or not it's meant for me is - if I go for it. The attitude of giving-it-your-all increases your chances of making an opportunity yours.


"It's kinda tiring to have this attitude all the time, Gail. How do I know that I'm not wasting my time?"


Well, every action that you do now will affect the world in one way or another. The things that you've done are the seeds of your legacy. All the mistakes, losses, right choices, triumphs and hard work - they all make up your legacy. Your legacy is what remains when your body decays and life leaves you. While you are alive and breathing, you have a choice. Will your garden bloom? Or will it rot along with the fear of moving forward?


You always have a choice,
Gail



All the photos and words were edited by yours truly for the purpose of this post. I first posted this here. Original background images are from image 1 source, image 2 source, image 3 sourceimage 4 source & image 5 source. The highlighted words are from the songs of Hamilton: The Musical.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad I got to read this post! How long have you been a fan of Hamilton, Ate Abby? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Is this you, Rox? Haha, it all started with my sisters. They were singing "Schuyler sisters" and I asked them what that song was. They let me watch a YouTube video and the rest was history. It was during the last months of 2017, I think. Kinda late to the party, but the songs are just... Timeless! "My shot" and "Non-stop" are my go-to motivational songs. What about yours? Hahaha

      Delete
    2. Yeah that was me. Sorry, it's the first time I commented on stuff like these haha. Hmmm.. Allaine showed me two videos one time, the songs "Helpless" followed by "Satisfied" but I think my mind was too muddled at that time to pay attention so I didn't appreciate it as much. Fast forward to early 2018: The Greatest Showman comes up and I loved it so much my brother recommended Hamilton. I looked it up on Youtube and I got hooked right away. I went as far as reading a lot of American History blogs just to measure how historically accurate the musical was xD

      Delete
    3. Woah! You're on another level! Hahaha, I feel na if we'll have coffee some time sa, all things Hamilton atong storyaan! And maybe ChE on the side, pero Hamilton jud. Hahaha

      Delete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

There are two reasons why I do this: 1.I like to write and 2.I like to dress up.