Suck It Up and Go: Inspiration for April

Hey dear readers! I spent the past few days preparing myself for a new chapter of my life: a permanent job related to my major. I had to align my motivations and yes, I had to prioritize. I kept away from blogging for 19 full days. Not to worry though, I'll make it up to you with this inspiration post.

I'd like to believe that I'm more than ready to take on this year today than I was yesterday. I absolutely have no clue about what the rest of the year has in store for me, but I'm sure that I will never back down without a fight. In this second quarter of the year, we have to grab every form of opportunity to motivate ourselves to do better. This month's inspiration theme is all about taking all of the opinions about you in perspective.

What everyone says about you affects you in one way or another. It affects you to different extents, but I have come to learn that you can't control what people say about you. A mentor once told me that how you take all of them in is what you should be focusing your energy on. I choose to make them work for me. Here are some things that I tell myself whenever the world feels the need to judge me.


One man’s opinion isn’t the world’s.

Say you want to finally take on this new thing, a new hobby perhaps. You try to tell somebody close about it. You, of course, expect them to wish you well and be happy for you. Unfortunately, this person tells you the exact opposite of what you want to hear. You feel disappointed, of course, because it didn't go as you expected it to. This person’s opinion matters to you, because they are someone you consider great. You take their support, or lack thereof, to heart and you are lost. You don’t know what to do with your life anymore. That one thing that you decided to do came crashing down the minute somebody expressed their opinion about it.

Honey, one person’s opinion isn’t the world’s! You can totally take the opinion as another point of view with which to evaluate your decision. That important person’s opinion isn’t final. You can still pursue whatever the heck it is that you want. Within the bounds of legality and morality, of course.


The world’s opinion has nothing on yours.

But say you hear other people chiming in to what this important person had said. Now is also a perfect time to evaluate. Perhaps, they all see something about you that you didn't see. Ask them about it. Ask them why they think the way they do, until it makes sense to you. If you can’t ask them about it, ask yourself real hard about it. Relevant questions that you should be answering truthfully are, “Do I think that I don’t have what it takes to do it?”; “Am I willing to work hard to improve?”; “How can I measure my ability to do this?” It helps to be truthful to yourself at this point. I don’t want you not knowing about what you don’t know, okay hun?

Remember that the world’s opinion of you has nothing on your opinion of you. If you think you’re awesome, prove that to yourself first. I think that when you are true to yourself, it will take less effort to make others see that you are indeed who you think you are.


The earth revolves around the sun, not around you.

And while it helps to think about ourselves from time to time, don’t make the mistake of thinking that the world thinks only about you. Honey, not everything is about you. This fact goes for the good things and the bad. Sure, you’ve done something great, but that doesn’t mean the world owes you something for that. Don’t also make the mistake that when you make mistakes, people will only think about you. Well, for some period of time they do, but be proactive about your mistake! Don’t dwell on the shame, focus your efforts on fixing the mistake.


Suck it up and go.

But as the world revolves along with its 7.5 billion people around the sun, someone’s bound to hurt us. Someone out there is bound to make our lives a living hell. Someone is out to get you. Someone is out there to destroy you. What might have you done to them? Whether or not you’ve hurt them too, this April isn’t the time to sulk honey. I say suck it up! Don’t let anything get in the way of what you think is important for you and for your future. Suck it up and go! It’s the beginning of a new quarter and now is as good a time as any to give 2018 your fierce self!

Give this month a fair fight,
Gail




All the photos and words were edited by @thegaillery for the purpose of this post. Original background images are from image 1 source, image 2 source, image 3 source, & image 4 source. I first posted this here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

There are two reasons why I do this: 1.I like to write and 2.I like to dress up.